top of page
Little Treasures Child Care Center

In 1842, land was deeded to Friends for a meeting house in the borough of Norristown. The meeting house was built and regular Meetings for Worship were held beginning in Fourth Month, 1852. Early speakers included Joseph Foulke, noted schoolmaster in Gwynedd, and Lucretia Mott, widely known Quaker preacher and leader in the anti-slavery movement. 

In 1959 the meeting house was remodeled to provide an all-purpose room on the second floor and additional First Day School classrooms.

bottom of page